Harry Rosenberg Wiki – Harry Rosenberg Biography
Harry Rosenberg, according to the Los Angeles Times, is a Jewish asset manager from Brooklyn. The newspaper reported that he was “delighted to welcome” her daughter, Malki Weiss, and her husband, Benny Weiss, from New Jersey to their new home in Surfside.
The New York Times spoke to Maurice Waschsmann, 50, who described his best friend Harry, who lived in Unit 212, as “a man with a heart of gold.” Rosenberg was reportedly a deeply religious man and regularly attended Shul, the neighboring synagogue. Waschsmann, speaking to other media outlets, said he still hoped more survivors would be found, including Rosenberg. “It’s very easy to turn negative, but never lose sight of hope,” he said. “But the time frame to dig them up is critical.”
Rosenberg had bought the apartment a few months ago after losing his wife to brain cancer and both parents to COVID-19. Waschsmann said: “First he rented an apartment on the fourth floor to see how he liked the building. He liked it so much that he bought a unit on the second floor a couple of months ago. ”
Miami-Dade County property records reportedly still show Rosenberg’s condo in the name of the previous owner. The sale has reportedly not been officially recorded. But Waschsmann said Rosenberg decided to move to Champlain Towers to start over. “He loves the community here,” Waschsmann said. “And he wanted to get out of New York.”
Harry Rosenberg Age
Harry Rosenberg is 58 years old.
Harry Rosenberg missing in Surfside condo collapse moved
For The Real Deal’s latest coverage of the Surfside condo collapse, visit this link. As of Sunday, 152 people were still missing.
As heavy rains complicated the search and rescue operation for possible survivors of the Champlain Towers South collapse, family and friends of people believed to be trapped under the rubble were left waiting at a reunification site in Surfside on Thursday.
Maurice Waxman, whose friend Harry Rosenberg is among those still missing, said he still hopes more survivors will be found, including Rosenberg. “It’s very easy to turn negative, but never lose sight of hope,” Waxman said. “But the time frame to dig them up is critical.”
Waxman said Rosenberg, a 52-year-old asset manager, moved from Brooklyn to Surfside last year after his wife died of brain cancer. “He First rented an apartment on the fourth floor to see how he liked the building,” Waxman said. “He liked it so much that he bought a unit on the second floor a couple of months ago.”
Miami-Dade County property records still show Rosenberg’s condo in the name of the previous owner and the sale has not been officially recorded. But Waxman said Rosenberg decided to move to Champlain Towers to start life anew after the death of his wife. “He loves the community here,” Waxman said. “And he wanted to get out of New York.”
As of Sunday, the death toll rose to nine after more bodies were pulled from the rubble. One of the victims has been identified by her family as Stacie Fang, whose teenage son was pulled from the rubble Wednesday and survived. Rosenberg’s daughter, Malki Weiss, and her husband, Benni Weiss, were also among those still missing.
Mike Silber, Rosenberg’s nephew, said his cousin and his wife had flown in from Brooklyn to spend a week with his uncle. Silber said he and others are frustrated that rescue teams did not immediately begin removing debris on top of the rubble. “The reality is that not enough is being done,” Silber said. “I do not speak only for my cousins, but for the almost 160 people. They deserve the chance to survive.
Videos released by the Miami-Dade Fire Department show that rescue teams began their search by entering the underground garage. More recent images show fire crews climbing onto the rubble to begin the debris removal process.
The 12-story building had just started the process for its 40-year recertification and was undergoing roofing and other repairs, according to Surfside city officials. More than half of the units at Champlain Towers South, the part that collapsed, are gone. About 80 were busy.
The first lawsuit was filed Thursday night against the condo association, seeking class-action status and more than $ 5 million in damages.