Toby Hudson Wiki – Toby Hudson Biography
Toby Hudson was unable to speak to anyone at the practice because of a faulty phone system and eventually gave up and called again the next day to be told he could not be seen for at least 48 hours.
Toby was suffering from swollen glands and ‘puffy’ tonsils and a sore throat when his parents told him to speak to a GP.
Toby Hudson Age
Toby Hudson was19 years old.
He had been suffering from a cough for about two months before returning to his family’s home in Weymouth in the summer of 2019. Toby suffered from swollen glands and ‘swollen’ tonsils and a sore throat when his parents told him to speak to a doctor. . GP.
He attended the center and was seen by a nurse practitioner who mistakenly diagnosed him with tonsillitis and gave him antibiotics, according to the investigation. Over the next 24 hours, his condition deteriorated and his parents called 999 when he lost consciousness. He entered the cardiac arrest in the back of the ambulance and a backup team was called in.
He was late getting to the hospital after the backup team went to the wrong place. Later, Toby was taken to the theater at Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester, but died in hospital that night. Toby’s father, Peter Hudson, described the day of his son’s death on July 4, 2019 when he returned home to find him under a blanket and looking pale.
He helped him into the damp room of the house where his son’s eye went blank, there were saliva bubbles in his mouth, and he briefly lost consciousness.
Hudson said: “I felt there was no urgency. I had to push for action and for our concerns to be heard.
“There were problems with communication. The backup team went to our home address and so the neighbors told me they were having trouble finding the home.
“They were knocking on doors before realizing what had happened.
“Then they had to travel almost three miles to where the ambulance actually was through Weymouth’s summer traffic and roadworks.
“We have many concerns about his care.”
Cause of Death
A 19-year-old died of sepsis after trying 25 times to go through GP surgery only to be denied an appointment, according to research. College student Toby Hudson was unable to speak to anyone in practice due to a faulty phone system and eventually gave up and called again the next day to be told they couldn’t see him for at least 48 hours.
The tragic teenager was told that because he was registered for another surgery in his university town of Southampton, Hants, he could wait two days to re-register or go to an urgent care center without an appointment. Toby died two days after first seeking help at Wyke Regis & Lanehouse medical practice in Weymouth, Dorset.
An investigation into his death at Bournemouth learned that Toby had previously been a patient at the Weymouth practice.
Providing evidence, Dr. Matthew Brook, a partner at Wake Regis & Lanehouse Medical Practice, admitted problems with the phone system due to a large number of patients and said a review has since been conducted.
Dr. Brook said the correct procedures had been followed. According to national guidelines, temporary residents should only be seen by a GP if they do not require urgent care.
Nurse Practitioner Briony Jefferis said she was “not even remotely concerned” about Toby’s symptoms when she examined him at the Weymouth Community Hospital urgent care center, and said he “showed no signs of sepsis.”