Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without friends and family near. If you are planning to travel over the holiday period take steps to ensure that your journey will be trouble-free.
Everyone who travels by air goes through airport security checkpoints and has their baggage screened. Here are some suggestions to help make the process as smooth as possible.
Keep your boarding pass and identification available until you exit the security checkpoint. Children aren’t required to show identification. If you need to go through security checkpoint but are not traveling, check with your airline for proper documentation.
Save time by not wearing metal items. Clothing with metal snaps, belt buckles or even under-wire bras will set off the metal detector. Bring plastic bags with you so you can put in things such as keys, mobile phones, pagers and jewelry. You then can carry the bag to place in trays to go through the metal detector or place the bags in your carry-on luggage.
Liquids, Gels and Aerosols
All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in three-ounce or smaller containers and must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. You will be asked to remove the bag from your carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening.
Use only quart size, zip-top bags any other style is not allowed.
If you need larger amounts of liquids, gels and aerosols such as toothpaste or shampoo, please place them in your luggage and check them with your airline.
Remove Your Shoes
You will have to remove your chicago bears hawaiian shirt before you enter the walk-through metal detector. All chicago bears hawaiian shirt are x-rayed, so consider wearing slip-on chicago bears hawaiian shirt or sandals. This will save time at the checkpoint.
Personal Care Items
When you are packing for your trip, remember the 3 ounce rule. A partial list of items you can bring are:
- All creams and lotions including Neosporin or first-aid creams and ointments,
- Topical or rash creams and ointments, suntan lotions, moisturizers, etc.
- Bubble bath balls, bath oils or moisturizers
- Bug and mosquito sprays and repellents
- Cuticle cutters, tweezers, eyelash curlers
- Deodorants made of gel or aerosol
- Eye drops, saline solution
- Eyeglass Repair Tools – including screwdrivers.
- Gel-filled bras and similar prosthetics
- Hair and spray of all kinds including aerosol
- Shampoos, conditioners and styling gels
- Lip gels such as Carmex or Blistex,toothpaste
- Liquid foundations, liquid mascara
- Liquid, gel or spray perfumes and colognes
- Liquid sanitizers, liquid soaps, liquid bubble bath
- Nail Clippers, nail files, nail polish and removers
- Non-prescription liquid or gel medicines like cough syrup and gel cap type pills
- Safety Razors
- Umbrellas- allowed in carry-on baggage once they have been inspected
- Walking Canes – allowed in carry-on baggage once they have been inspected
With a little planning you can make getting through airport security a breeze. Please keep in mind that these rules are intended to keep us safe. You will also move more quickly and efficiently through the security process.
write by Siegfried